Pilot Jet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot Jet Question

The threads inside where the pilot jet sits are shot and it won't tighten in there. It's just one carb and the rest are fine. Is alright to leave this out or is it absolutely necessary?

If you have no pilot jet then no idle to 1/4 throttle will work on that one carb.

if the rest of the carb works (anyone here correct me if I am wrong) then after 1/4 the carb will kick in. Bad situation.

I would replace the carburetor unless someone knows of a way to fix the threads. (No idea of a heli-coil would fit or work.)

Comment

What bike?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        What bike?
        It's a 82 gs850l.

Comment

Your bike will never run properly without that jet, so you need another carb body.

The next question is which carb is it, counting from 1 under your clutch lever hand to 4 under your throttle hand, as you sit on the bike?

I suggest you also post in the "Wanted" section for that number BS 32 carb. Quite a few members should have a spare carb body for you.
          1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

It's number one. I took it to a machine shop that works on motors down the road earlier today to see if they could maybe re thread it or put a heli coil in it. I'm going to see if that helps first before or go out and buy a replacement carb.

Comment

Working...
            X