Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four into one aftermarket 'zorts (GS1000G)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pics showing what I mean about low quality of this Marving exhaust. Clumsy pipework, silver paint on welded joints and eccentric exhaust flanges.

I bought the exhaust from Exactrep in Coventry. They have handled my complaint very well and have sent Parcelforce to collect at their expense, and have agreed to a 100% refund including original postage costs. Can't say fairer than that, and I'd gladly buy items from Exactrep again (not Maarving though!). Marving deserve a kick up the arese in my humble opinion. If they went to a bit more trouble and charged £100 more, I'm sure their customers would be a lot happier.

Comment

Nobody interested in this? I'm surprised.

Comment

They've changed how they make them Jon. The bends on mine are fine and there's no ovality (is that a word?) Mine had the silver paint over the welds but I took it off - dunno why they put it on there as there's chrome underneath. Also the welding isn't as good. Mine came with the baffle fitted and it slides in and out fine (though lining up the bolt holes could be a bit easier).

I was thinking of putting one on my GSX when the Marshall that's on there now gets too tired. As Exactrep have handled your return well I'll still give it a go I think.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
        X