Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GS 550 E - VM22SS ] need advices about jetting

Hi all;
    to start I'm sorry for the mistakes and for my poor english, I come from France..
    I use to ride a suzuki GS 550 E (1979), with some improvements:
    - custom 4/1 with a megaphone muffler (almost free)
    - standard airbox with the oem air filter removed and replaced by a grid and opened airbox around the grid...

I had a lot of bogs because I was too lean, so my actual settings are:
    - idle jet: OEM
    - fuel screws (bottom of the carbs): -3/4 turns (oem = -5/8 turns)
    - air screws (side of the carbs): -0.75 to -1.5 turns, depending which carb.. (oem is -1.5 turns)

- needle on the last clip (to be the highest so the richest)
    - main jet: 110 (oem 80)

About the needle and main jet, these are the "leanest" settings to avoid bogs during acceleration and desceleration... I mean these settings are ok...
    About the fuel and air screws, I try to adjust them leaner and leaner, I suppose I'm almost ok now.

I posted this message because I have a last little issue...
    When I want to use the main jet (WOT), the motorcycle has got 2 different kind of behaviors:
    - between 1500 and 6000 rpm, this is ok but still somme very little bogs during the acceleration, I can feel that settings are not the best, BUT
    - above 6000 rpm, the engine goes to 11000 rpm whitout any bog and I can feel that settings are good..

To summarize, the global behavior is almost the same as something like V-tec japanese engines, something happenning at 6000rpm...

What is your advices? Normal? too lean? to rich?

Thanks a lot and, again sorry for the mistakes
    Boris

hi again! No suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
    X