2 into 2 to 2 into 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 into 2 to 2 into 1

I'm considering replacing my stock 2 into 2 exhaust with a 2 into 1. Will I need to rejet the carbs or make any other adjustments when replacing the exhaust?

Are you going to go with another 4-2 ehaust or a 4-1 ehaust. And yes, you may have to change the pilot jets up 2 sizes. Some can get a way with just stock jetting. It depends on the exhaust maker and your bike.

Comment

The good news is swapping main jets on a 450 is really easy, especially if you planned ahead and used allen head screws for the float bowls. An allen wrench will fit under there, the jets are in the bowls themselves.

I'm curious which 2-1 pipe? Might do it to mine one day.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by 60ratrod View Post
        Are you going to go with another 4-2 ehaust or a 4-1 ehaust. And yes, you may have to change the pilot jets up 2 sizes. Some can get a way with just stock jetting. It depends on the exhaust maker and your bike.
        My bike is a 450 so it'll be 2 into 1 .

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          The good news is swapping main jets on a 450 is really easy, especially if you planned ahead and used allen head screws for the float bowls. An allen wrench will fit under there, the jets are in the bowls themselves.

I'm curious which 2-1 pipe? Might do it to mine one day.
          I'm not sure yet. I'm just starting the research process on replacing my worn out exhaust. When we cleaned and rebuilt the carbs, I replaced the float bowl screws with allen heads.

Comment

Just from what I have read on this site, I would say you should probably be ok on the stock jetting. Seems like it's the change in the intake side that gets finicky with jetting. Good luck.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

I must have missed that this was a twin. Again like i said, it depends on the exhaust and your bike. What i mean by that is your bike with the same 2-1 exhaust will want different jets than someone else who has a 450l. It could go just fine on stock jetting or will want one or two jet sizes. It all boils down to how it was broken in and how you ride. Believe it or not, a carb'd bike actually gets used to you and your riding, especially if you were the one to break in the motor

Comment

Working...
              X