Gs 1100 v&h exhaust carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 1100 v&h exhaust carb question

Going to put a 4 into 1 Vance and Hines header and pipe on the gs1100 we recently found (stock pipes rusted through) what carb changes will I need to make? Thanks!

Get a Factory Pro or Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit & a set of APE or K&N oval, pod, air filters. Easy to install jet kit, following instructions, & a good power gain. A LOT easier to remove & install carbs while jetting with the pods instead of the stock airbox!!
    Ray.

Comment

thanks rapid ray. any advantages factory pro vs. dynojet? heard some people didn't like the dynojet kit.

Thanks again!

Comment

If you go with the stock air box with a stock type K&N air filter all you would need to do is up the main jets a couple steps. I would also pull the plugs out of the idle mixture tubes and reset them. They were purposely set lean at the factory and then sealed. Sync the carbs as well.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Twister89 View Post
          thanks rapid ray. any advantages factory pro vs. dynojet? heard some people didn't like the dynojet kit.

Thanks again!
          If you search you will find that the vast majority of people use the DynoJet kit and it is very straight forward. If you use the Factory Pro, Ray will be the only person that can help you.

Comment

I just used 117.5, Mikuni jets and backed the mixture screws out to 3 turns and it runs really good. I got that from one of the smarter then me guys on this forum. That's with a K&N drop in filter & the airbox top removed

Comment

I have an 82 gs1100e, bogs around 6k rpm, I have a vance and hines 4-1 pipe on there, adjustable jets, any suggestions on how to fix this? It used to bog around 4k, now at 6k. thanks.

Comment

See if you can find a decent set of 36MM GS1150 carbs the stage 1&3 dyno jet part #'s are the same foe the 34"s and 36"s V&H Makes a racing baffle for there mega phones that lets the 36"s breath just an idea
                sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

I have a stock 1000G with the V and H and I ended up leaning it out one size to make it work for me. YMMV and at the end of the day you'll need to test it, not just throw jets in and call it done.
                  1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                  1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
                  X