fuel line and petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel line and petcock

Hey everyone. So I have recently obtained a 1978 GS750. It came with almost everything but the fuel lines and the fuel petcock. My question is, does anyone know what size fuel lines/vacuum lines I need and if there is an aftermarket petcock that is cheaper than $97 off of bike bandit that will work for this style of carburetor????

Thanks all!

Stock ones can be found at many other Suzuki dealerships for roughly the same or a bit cheaper price but at better service. You can also try Z1 Enterprises.

As far as the hoses, why don't you just order the stock sizes from the dealer? You'll get more than you need right now but that gives you excess for later. One of the better dealers we all like is Parts Outlaw - www.partsoutlaw.com
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I'm pretty sure the fuel T on the carbs uses 5/16" inner diameter hose. I got a petcock from Z1 for ~$40.
      Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

I'm planning to buy a few feet of hose from my local autozone. The price is quite reasonable.

The petcock just needs to fit the tank. I'm guessing the 78 uses the same 44mm bolt spacing as the 77. Measure your tank to be sure.
      Last edited by hannibal; 09-07-2015, 03:37 PM. Reason: Petcock and tank
      Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
      2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

thanks .. outlaw is a better price than bike bandit i have a hard time spending money on some stuff that bike bandit charges when i know i can get it cheaper

Comment

Working...
        X