GS 300 jet recommendations? Pods coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 300 jet recommendations? Pods coming soon

Hi yall! My first post on here, but I've ridden for a long time now. Anywho, I have a stock 82 GS300L, just put some 17" shorties on her, with pods to come soon after. I know I'll need to re-jet, actually suprised I didn't need to with the new mufflers. Do any of yall know what jet sizes will have the carbs ready for pods and pipes? Thanks in advance!

Okay, I just read the pods/pipes/panic thread. LOTS of useful info on there! Admin, yall can delete this if ya want to. I just didn't dig deep enough for answers, my apologies!

Comment

No problem, but not many gs300 owners on here that I recall, so no replies. Not unusual to not have to rejet for mufflers, but pods are another story. Get decent pods, skip the $10 ones- apparently k&n or ape will work with you.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

That's what I'm thinking, now. The 300 is actually my wife's bike - but I do ride it to work, even though I look like a dern circus bear on it. It gets me there, and I'm actually impressed with how it pulls to be so small. Especially considering my last dirt bike was a 500 Yamaha - that thing would pull stumps out of the ground!

Personally, I'm holding out for a 1st-gen Vmax. But the Mrs wants to keep this one, and I don't blame her! I just want to get as much as I can out of it and it still be reliable for her. Probably gonna quit after pods and MAYBE bigger pipes to feed the new mufflers... or at least fit them better(had to wrap the pipes in foil to get them to clamp tight).

Comment

Working...
        X