Velocity Stacks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you running these;

RamAir sock style air filters, which feature two holes cut out of the foam on the underside of the air filter.The two holes are designed, so that you can pull the air filter over the top of the trumpets of the carb or the engine's two air intakes - whichever is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
      yes, i am.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by 60ratrod View Post
        But but.... what about the cool factor? Actually, i agree with the majority here. If it runs fine now, and is your only transportation, leave it be. Since you are working something that i can only assume is an hourly wage job to support your loved ones, just wait until you have something else that you use as a daily driver and then tinker with this. That way you aren't out wages due to being stuck on the side of the road. Believe me when I say i know your predicament. I lost my family due to working nights and being gone in the navy. Having just enough time for your basic needs and their love is top priority over working on something that isn't broken
        Brother from an old Army sergeant, thank you for your services to help me sleep more soundly at night - sounds like it cost you a lot and I really hate that it happened to you!

I'll definitely keep it as is till I have everything to make the change, to include time. It needs an oil change, valve adjustment, and fork seals anyway, so a good weekend left alone with it will have it freshened up real nice. If I do err, I'll make sure to err on the rich side as well. That way I can still get to work for the week, and readjust the next weekend. It ain't my first rodeo, just my first CV carb.

When I was 18, I swapped a piston in my XT500 in an hour, and never pulled the engine out of the frame(okay, I did spin it 90° to pull the head and jug, but technically...).

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          yes, i am.
          Agemax, do you like them? Been thinking of trying some out on a project I have. They look like they would work as good as any other foam filter for dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
            Agemax, do you like them? Been thinking of trying some out on a project I have. They look like they would work as good as any other foam filter for dirt.
            They seem to work rather well as far as filters go, they do filter well and offer no restriction to the air flow in the stacks.
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Hey JJ...the add i posted was for VISUAL effect....following along now?????? You know...as a GENERAL IDEA!!!!! And yes they make ones with a mesh screen sandwiching a filter media as well.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                Hey JJ...the add i posted was for VISUAL effect....following along now?????? You know...as a GENERAL IDEA!!!!! And yes they make ones with a mesh screen sandwiching a filter media as well.
                Hi Chuck. I followed along just fine the first time. Don't get your panties bunched up. LOL

Comment

Working...
                X