• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wingsconsin,

I did think of that too.

Good to see a fellow winger.....

Comment

It's VERY common to find that the float heights have been measured incorrectly on these carbs. So, uh, make sure you have this right.

Also, Z1 is a great vendor and all, but I've never seen any parts from a carb kit that were worth a damn except maybe the float bowl gaskets.

If you still have the original jets, you're far better off cleaning and using them, or getting OEM jets if they're too far gone. Guess how I learned this...
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Yes I/we measured to the step not the top. it was 20.5 mm. Been doing a lot of reading of posts and from this site and bikecliff. I just maybe over thinking a lot of this but don't want to have to take it apart again just because and find something I should have done and didn't do. Looking to find fittings to check fuel height before I put it all back together.

Comment

Working...
        X