maxi pod filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maxi pod filters

Hello guys another post ive fitted pod filters to a set of g750es carbs ,the pods were with the bike when i bought it and the original box is just scrap.problem is the pods are 2 part the rubber that is fixted to the carb and then the pod .once the pod is tightened to the carb the pod itself spins and feels loose is this normal .might sound bit weird as the pod is 2 parts

Sounds like the K&N-type pod that Dime City Cycles has. It shouldn't pose any problem other than the fact that you know it can spin. The real issue with them is that ridge inside that obstructs airflow to the air jet and diaphragm vent. Turned out to be a non-issue on mine, though.

Comment

maxi pods...

Sounds like a feminine product.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

HA!!! I thought the same thing, but I was hesitant to go there!

Comment

I have had the filter fall off while riding with similarly constructed pod filters. I suggest dropping 70 dollars on a set of APE high performance pods. They are high quality and they don't have the step down that Ric was referring to. My 750 ran so much more smoothly after I installed them. No more mid-range stumble due to gas being impeded by the rubber manifold.

Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

going back to stock filter i like the chrome .shiney shiny cheers anyway guys

Comment

Working...
            X