No announcement yet.

78 GS750 wont ever start cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ej which end of Tucson are you? I'm in Marana.

Comment

No kidding?! I'm next to downtown! Broadway and Euclid area haha I'll PM you

Comment

Where did you find the clamps? Every clamp I see at home depot or autozone is too wide (1/2"). I'm hoping to find some narrower ones that aren't $4 each.

Where are you thinking of getting the carb boots? OEM or some aftermarket ones?
        Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
        2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Suzuki sells them.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I'm still looking around. I'd rather get some that are not going to cost too much. If I can find some that will work and not cost me $150 for all four I might be in for them

Comment

Or you could spend what it takes to have a well maintained motorcycle.
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I'm glad I have a truck to drive until I save up the cash needed to buy all the boots.

Comment

I agree with Tom. Do it right with real parts and its done long as you keep the maintenance on schedule.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

So I pulled out the old Suzuki manual after taking advice from an old mechanic friend of mine and decided to go and double check EVERY setting. Well found out some very interesting things. First of all I tore apart all carbs completely and cleaned every part thoroughly. Found most everything was pretty damn clean.

One thing I found was I'm guessing the carbs had been rebuilt back a couple years ago from my papers because the floats were NEVER adjusted. I grabbed my micrometer and measured out my manuals setting for the float levels on a piece of cardboard and holy crap was it LOW! I set them all proper and will test the carbs settings once the boots come in soon. I'm also going to do an oil change since my new oil filter came in. Figured it would help the bike as its been since March from my last oil change

Comment

Working...
                    X