Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 Carbs flooded

A have rebuild a GS750 .
    Did the Carbs removed an ultrasonic cleaned.
    New O-Rings from Robert Barr, new needle , new valve seat, new gasket.
    But now I'm guessing why those carbs still (sometimes) keeping flooded.
    Today nr 2,3 and 4 spill all the gasoline on the floor.
    Yesterday none, the the day before only nr 4.

I've adjust all the carbs on float height : 3mm below gasket. (Not on the cycle , but loose , one by one in the vice.)
    I'm lost....

Peter

Could be your petcock is not working properly, even if floats and needles are new they cant hold back that much gas. Could be floats might be catching on the float bowl gaskets, if they're aftermarket sometimes they're just a little big. I had that happen once. Disconnect your fuel line to carbs. from petcock and hook up spare line to petcock and put other end in to a container, leave overnight or longer and see if any gas is in container. Of course have petcock set to "on".

Comment

They still brim over when the machine is running. ( I don't have yet a fuel cock, i use a test container with a valve.).
      I thought that to, catching the gaskets, butt there is plenty room to operate.
      If the petcock is fully functional , I don't know because i first want to clean the petrol tank.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterBoomhut View Post
        They still brim over when the machine is running. ( I don't have yet a fuel cock, i use a test container with a valve.).
        I thought that to, catching the gaskets, butt there is plenty room to operate.
        If the petcock is fully functional , I don't know because i first want to clean the petrol tank.
        They still over flow while running? That says to me your float levels are all wrong. One other thing how high do you have that test container? It shouldn't be much higher then where the petcock would sit with the tank on the bike AND how big a container is it? It only needs to be a couple quarts.
        Last edited by mrbill5491; 11-03-2015, 06:58 PM.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Oops, the test container which is a about 1 litre, have a I hooked on 1 meter above the vehicle.
          But by testing a Gs1000 and a GS1100 this issue didn't appear .

Comment

Working...
          X