Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pilot jets - black, round, rubber, plug AGAIN ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot jets - black, round, rubber, plug AGAIN ???

O.K. So I know that I need these plugs in the carbs for sure ! The old ones seem in good shape , but fit back in and out very loose , should I buy new ones or is that the way they should fit ???

Thanks for your interest .

They should not fall out if you put the carb upside down, if they do buy new ones. At least that's my thinking on the matter.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Yes they should be squishy enough not to fall out but not like this:

Richard
      sigpic
      GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
      GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
      GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
      GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
      Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
      Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Those plugs are held up by a riser in the bowl which presses them up into the tube. They don't need to fit perfect because they will get squished into place when you fasten the bowl.

Comment

That's the answers I was looking for ...with pics too ...awesome ! I don't think I need new ones now , Thanks to all for your help !

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
            Yes they should be squishy enough not to fall out but not like this:

Yeah those are trashed big time, new ones needed for sure. Those look like they have been sitting in Berrymans for weeks.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Those ones in the pic above were "new" from some eBay seller and were only installed for 9 months before they turned to mush.

I'm guessing it's the crap fuel we have these days.

Beware non-OEM!!
              Richard
              sigpic
              GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
              GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
              GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
              GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
              Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
              Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Working...
              X