Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LTB an ultrasonic cleaner big enough to do a 4 carb rack...opinions/options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are forgetting about removing the choke slides as well, hence you would have to de-gang the carbs just to get those out.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
      With 11 hours to go it is at $180ish.
      I am guessing it won't stay there.
      A buddy has a Branson D85100 that will hold a rack but it also goes for about $2000.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

This is the EXACT one I have & it is AWESOME!!! I take the carbs apart & all the parts will fit in the basket at once! Just about the best money I ever spent.
        Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          This is the EXACT one I have & it is AWESOME!!! I take the carbs apart & all the parts will fit in the basket at once! Just about the best money I ever spent.
          Ray.
          Ya, but you'll never pick one up for $182.50.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Yeah, that's probably true. Mine was $350.00 & I don't think anyone will get THIS one for $182.50 either, watch & see!!!
            Ray.

Comment

this is ONLY 200 WATTS of ultrasonic..
              with a 600 WATT heater.. BAIT AND SWITCH.
              look for a higher wattage in the ultrasonic part...

Comment

Yes, but it still works GREAT and I have had ZERRO issues with mine.
                Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
                  this is ONLY 200 WATTS of ultrasonic..
                  with a 600 WATT heater.. BAIT AND SWITCH.
                  look for a higher wattage in the ultrasonic part...
                  Agreed with the bait and switch. You'll see too many of these where the total power consumption is stated and not the sonic power. Ray, you may have had good luck with yours, but there are a ton of knockoff out there that don't work so well. The amount of power needed v/s the volume and mass of the items being cleaned is critical in order to get complete generation ofcavitation bubbles. It's not the sound that really does the cleaning. It's the creation and destruction of the cavitation bubbles that actually does the cleaning in areas that can not be seen. 200 watts in a 12L machine is a baby in the world of industrial cleaners.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

But I knew that going into my purchase & didn't buy an "industrial" machine. I use it at least once a week & will NEVER go back to dipping them over this machine. I find it humorous that all the comments are coming from people that don't even own one.
                    Ray.

Comment

i agree wit Ray, i would never use any other method for cleaning carbs apart from my u/s bath. people who knock them would change their negative attitude towards them once they have actually used one.
                      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

This is the one I use - 2000 watts of ultrasonic power - and she heats up to about 150 F

pony up 17.K US dollars pal --- I do not separate racks of carbs unless absolutely necessary - and you should not either unless you like problems.

only bad thing I have to complain about is it takes the paint off . and if you leave some things in too long it darkens the metal
                        Last edited by trippivot; 11-23-2015, 11:41 AM. Reason: takes coatings off.
                        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Now were talking!!! Price is a killer on that unit. I ended up building my own after my Branson died. Seems to be working pretty good. 300W sonic power but, unfortunately, no heater. That will be my next addition.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                            http://www.omegasonics.com/omega-cle...mega-pro-plus/

This is the one I use - 2000 watts of ultrasonic power - and she heats up to about 150 F

pony up 17.K US dollars pal --- I do not separate racks of carbs unless absolutely necessary - and you should not either unless you like problems.

only bad thing I have to complain about is it takes the paint off . and if you leave some things in too long it darkens the metal

I hear ya on the complete "of the rack" thing....lends to the absolute need for a re-sync...I've never done total tear down before and had no troubles. That price is a tad steep for me - but that's an industrial unit for constant duty...one gets what one pays for. A cheaper ebay unit will do just fine for my intermittent needs.
                            What solution do you use...soapy water?....some kind of thinner?....

Comment

eco safe enzyme detergent - we've tried a few different products .

you have to re-sync mechanical carbs after a simple needle adjustment (everytime) - and god help you if you do not spike the butterfly screws on CVs'
                              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I'm not sure why some people are scared of separating all the carbs. It is an absolute NECCESSITY to do a CORRECT cleaning & to replace all the orings, which should be done anyway on a complete rebuild. The sync is no more difficult than doing a regular carb sync & I really have no clue what "problems" you would come across by separating all the carbs to do the job right. I'll bet I have done at least 500 sets of carbs over all the years I've been doing them & have had no problems with separating all of the bodies & tuning them afterwards. Don't be scared guys, just do them correctly & you will have less trouble down the road, rather than doing them half fast!
                                Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X