Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LTB an ultrasonic cleaner big enough to do a 4 carb rack...opinions/options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
    http://www.omegasonics.com/omega-cle...mega-pro-plus/

This is the one I use - 2000 watts of ultrasonic power - and she heats up to about 150 F

pony up 17.K US dollars pal --- I do not separate racks of carbs unless absolutely necessary - and you should not either unless you like problems.

only bad thing I have to complain about is it takes the paint off . and if you leave some things in too long it darkens the metal

Your ultra sonic cleaner or one you are recommending costs how much (my Bold above)? Purchased 'same' unit as Rapidray. Works great. Got change back from $250.00. Even better.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      I'm not sure why some people are scared of separating all the carbs. It is an absolute NECCESSITY to do a CORRECT cleaning & to replace all the orings, which should be done anyway on a complete rebuild. The sync is no more difficult than doing a regular carb sync & I really have no clue what "problems" you would come across by separating all the carbs to do the job right. I'll bet I have done at least 500 sets of carbs over all the years I've been doing them & have had no problems with separating all of the bodies & tuning them afterwards. Don't be scared guys, just do them correctly & you will have less trouble down the road, rather than doing them half fast!
      Ray.
      100% correct you have to separate to do it right.
      My stable
      84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
      85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
      88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
      98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
      90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
      06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
      00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Originally posted by stetracer View Post
        100% correct you have to separate to do it right.
        200% correct.. separation is the ONLY WAY to get the fuel inlets clean between the carbs, and soaking in dip or ultrasonicing (?) will make leaks at the joint tubes .
        and my cleaner is 300 W ultrasonic and wish it were more....

Comment

I am 100% no no 200% laughing .

yes I use that machine. no it is not in my garage the shop I am at REDLINE CYCLES did purchase one and I get to help maintain it -use it - and sit on it. yeah I make a living repairing ATV's sleds bikes - I do my own projects in it. BTW it is $150 every time we change the solution and filters.

let's compare how many carb cleans we all do ... Me personally? I have done over 100 this year alone myself - no comebacks ! what about you.

I really don't care, you go ahead and separate the racks every time if you like - I don't really think - and you can disagree - that going ballistic about the inner o ring of the fuel delivery tube is that important for an average commuter machine unless it leaks, and if it leaks then it NEEDS to be done. right or wrong 100% of my customers want the cheapest bill possible, aka just do what it NEEDS.

I would NEVER REUSE a fuel mixture screw O ring - THAT IS WRONG I'd like to know how many of you have done that?

- you don't notice I have the most pictures posted of messed up crap ?
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I have never reused ANY O-ring when rebuilding a carb. That would make no sense. A complete set of O-rings is cheap and not replacing it may have grave consequences. When do you want to find out that your fuel passage O-rings are leaking? When your bike is aflame?

Personally I think this whole conversation to de-gang or not should be a moot point for most. If it's your bike and you want it done right then do it yourself and do a complete de-gang, dip/sonic clean, poke and sprits to ensure it is done right. If you're running a business and warranty your work then it's up to you to decide the proper risk level. Most shops have much better equipment then the average Joe has. A major ultra-sonic cleaner like the one above can easily do the job on all 4 carbs at a time. Even if you do them as a gang, you still need to verify sync once they're installed, so doing them as a gang will only shortcut the removal of the top and bottom ganging bars. Even then I don't see it saving much time since you still need to remove the choke assembly to get the cold start enrichment plungers out.
            http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
            1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
            1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
            1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Working...
            X