Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have BS32SS carbs, which main jets fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have BS32SS carbs, which main jets fit?

Hey

Are these the correct ones for the BS32SS? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-Large...1ULKr-&vxp=mtr

Serial # N100.604

I ordered wrong ones last time(small round) and the bike does not run with them, at all, it wont even give a hint of starting.

/John

You want genuine Mikuni jets, so be suspicious of generic ones- go here

the large are what's in my spare carb set

As a side note, I'm pretty sure that my bike would at least start with no main jet, so you likely have other issues.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yes, you need the large head jets. Not sure if those are true Mikuni jets at that price. My guess is they are not. If not, then they're junk.

With that said, if the bike is not even starting, then it's probably not the main jet at fault.
      http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
      1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Yeah it did run before i changed my main jets to wrong type main jets. But im trying out podfilters and the originsl jets just bog down with throttle.

Now ill order the right (type)main jets

Comment

Has anyone tried the "OEM equivalent" jets from jetsrus.com? Nearly half the price, although we're only talking $3 here, I'm curious if anyone tuning in has dared try.

I'll be ordering some jets by springtime for a project on the cheap.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------
          2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

This is a great seller, fast shipping. Authentic Mikuni jets. Price is for 4 main jets:

Comment

Working...
            X