82 gs650 jetting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs650 jetting issues

Hello there. Been having issues jetting this bike for no filters. This bike came with no airbox and we prefer to not use one. I work at a bike shop and we build these into choppers and cafe bikes. I went up 2 sizes on the main. And I have 47.5 pilots and 50 pilots. 50s are in it now. Fuel screw at 1.25. Normally when I have done cv carbs just pilot work generally gets them to run. This one will start for a few seconds and have no response if I hold the choke wide open. What else should I do

are there at least pods on it? the 650 bikes really don't like running without some kind of restriction on the airflow. I would at least get some pods on there before getting too much further

Comment

Put a rag over the intakes, if it starts you answered your own question. Have you ever had one run properly without some kind of filter-restriction?
      81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Originally posted by vintageacat View Post
        Hello there. Been having issues jetting this bike for no filters. This bike came with no airbox and we prefer to not use one. I work at a bike shop and we build these into choppers and cafe bikes. I went up 2 sizes on the main. And I have 47.5 pilots and 50 pilots. 50s are in it now. Fuel screw at 1.25. Normally when I have done cv carbs just pilot work generally gets them to run. This one will start for a few seconds and have no response if I hold the choke wide open. What else should I do
        You should put at least some kind of filter(s) on it.

Then again, you may like wearing out your engine by running dust and sand through it.

The fuel mixture screws are far too lean at 1.25 out. Start at 3 turns out from lightly seated, and tune from there.

Comment

Working...
        X