Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help picking exhaust and jetting Carbs (Yes, another jetting thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help picking exhaust and jetting Carbs (Yes, another jetting thread)

I'm looking for some info on the carbs and exhaust on my bike, its a 1980 GS450. I have found that the stock jet sizes are 115 for mains and 45 pilots? I've seen a lot of different info about the pilot jet size, Apparently some have a 40, others have a 17.5. Unfortunately I'm not even sure what type I have, and my engine and frame VINs don't match. The exhaust on my bike has a completely rusted out cross pipe, and the rust on the headers has began eating into the pipe, so its way past a simple coke/aluminum foil cleaning. The bike also has the generic silver pod filters on it, all of this is from the PO. I'm looking for a simple and inexpensive solution for the exhaust that'll provide a relatively easy jetting. I don't care about getting a mean sound or gaining a lot of power, I just want the bike running. I have new intake boots and O rings, and I ordered jets, although I had bad information and seem to have ordered sizes that are WAY off (137.5 Main and 40 Pilot). I see a lot of stock exhaust on eBay but they're all pretty rusted out and expensive. I know I don't want to go back to a factory airbox, as my PO tossed it, and I want as minimalist a look as possible. How should I approach this?

*Note* I live in Delaware, 2 hours from Philly, DC, Virginia Beach, and Baltimore, for frame of reference for shipping or local swapping.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2016, 10:50 PM.

Not from this site but those 137.5/40 jets might work, according to this guy.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
    X