GS 750 - 77 exhaust. Alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 750 - 77 exhaust. Alternatives

I am having a really hard time finding a exhaust system for my GS 750 -77. I live in Norway, so preferably I need to find one close, as the tax is insane if I have to ship it from America.
    What I need is the header tube (the parts before the muffler, right?). Is there any other models exhaust, that will fit my bike?
    Thanks

Do you want to keep your 4 -2 or looking for a 4 - 1?
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

850 pipes will fit the ports in the head, not sure if they are curved the same to fit the frame.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Both is fine actually, whatever I can get my hands on.

Comment

Are you looking for one header pipe or all four?

Comment

All four. I have a muffler, so I need the rest. If itīs a 4-2 Iīll just buy one more muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by runhan90 View Post
              I am having a really hard time finding a exhaust system for my GS 750 -77. I live in Norway, so preferably I need to find one close, as the tax is insane if I have to ship it from America.
              What I need is the header tube (the parts before the muffler, right?). Is there any other models exhaust, that will fit my bike?
              Thanks
              I've keeping an eye on this for my own reference, as I'll need whatever system will fit a GS850, soon.

And this one is interesting, as I think the exhaust port diameters on 750 / 850 / 1000 /1100 are the same, but header lengths differ. On some shorter engines, like the 750 /850, the 1100 pipes will droop under the engine/frame a bit but probably not too much.

Then, there are the later Suzukis - like the GSXRs, GSF Bandits and the RF900, etc. I suspect there might be a compatibility there, but some cutting and welding needed. That's no longer a problem for me, as I'm now kitted out for doing a bit of that.
              Last edited by Grimly; 01-22-2016, 10:47 PM.
              ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I might try a 850īs then. Hopefully it fits.

If I do find exhaust for the GS 750, will it fit either way? As long as its 77-78?
                I did buy exhaust from this one guy who said it was on his 750, but that didnīt fit.
                Link:

Comment

Originally posted by runhan90 View Post
                  I might try a 850īs then. Hopefully it fits.

If I do find exhaust for the GS 750, will it fit either way? As long as its 77-78?
                  I did buy exhaust from this one guy who said it was on his 750, but that didnīt fit.
                  Link:
                  http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ht=750+exhaust
                  The problem is, neither you or I is anywhere near a good breaker, and bits have to be bought on a trial-and-error basis. If we're lucky, we'll find something that fits (or can be made to fit close enough). If you do, please update your thread with your findings, so that others may know. I'll do the same for the 850.
                  For the 850, I'm reasonably hopeful the 1000 or 1100 pipes will fit anyway.
                  ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

You can buy aftermarket 4-1 from japan through webike.co.jp and they will ship it
                    or the closest to Norway would be a marving exhaust out off the UK

Comment

Working...
                    X