Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carb interchange question 1993 Gsx1100G. will carbs from a 97-99 Bandit 1200 work??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb interchange question 1993 Gsx1100G. will carbs from a 97-99 Bandit 1200 work??

I FINALLY found a set of carbs from a Bandit 1200. My carbs are junk. I really want to get a set set as close to "plug and play" as possible. I know the carbs from certain year Gsxr"s are interchangable as are the Gsx750F (Katana) too. I am hoping I can bolt the Bandit 1200 carbs on and ride. I need some input so I can finally get my 1100G out of it's 3 year mothball and ride this spring. I have 2 Suzuki's in the Garage right now and neither one is close to ready to ride. i really really really really want my " G" to ride. I love my 450L too but I have not never even been able to register my G yet..............................PLEASE!!!!!!

Probably not many guys on here know anything about the 1993 GSX1100G.

We are into the air-cooled bikes up to around 1986.

I think you should try a more relevant forum.

Greetings
    Richard
    sigpic
    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Ignore the post from above me, a LOT of us have experience with MANY bikes, apparently unlike the poster above! The Bandit carbs have the correct spacing but the throttle cable is different, along with the jetting/tuning you will need to do. They are bigger carbs but will work well & make more power if you spend the time to tune them.
      Ray.

Comment

Thanks rapidray! I appreciate the advise. I will probably steer clear of the Bandit carbs. I am at wits end with this bike now and the thought of pulling the carbs off and on again for tuning and jetting is more than I want to deal with,and so is the throttle cable issue as well. I will keep looking for a set of ready to go carbs instead. Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Working...
        X