Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do these hoses terminate? (GS850G carbs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do these hoses terminate? (GS850G carbs)

I am trying to get a very rough GS850G to at least run before I proceed with further work.
    The attached photo shows 2 hoses that exist from between carbs 1-2 & 3-4.
    I cannot find these in the shop manual that I have and before I put the tank back on I would like to know what they are for and do they terminate somewhere or remain open ended as vents?
    An early response will be greatly appreciated to keep my weekend project flowing along.
    See attached photo.P2270078.jpg

Scroll thru Basscliff's pics....

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Look on the back of the airbox on the right side. Just below the bottom of your picture. You will see a rectangular loop. Your hoses should go through that loop and just hang behind the airbox.

The purpose is to provide an atmospheric reference for the carbs, so they need to be in relatively calm air. Air moving through the carb throats will have a lower pressure (the Bernouli effect), but lower than what? Those hoses provide that reference pressure. The difference in pressure is what pushes the fuel through the jets and into the moving airstream.

Comment

Many thanks and also to tom203.
        Very helpful

Comment

Working...
        X