Stock Inlet rubber flow disruption...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Inlet rubber flow disruption...

I have recently rebuilt the top end and during the assembly checked the position of the inlet a bit relative to the cylinder head and found that there was a stepped misalignment between the inlet rubber and the cylinder head port whilst this is probably acceptable for Suzuki and then mass production.
    I felt it necessary to rectify the alignment this was done by dremel and only took a few minutes per inlet, once done I could no longer feel a step/edge when ruining my finger between the inlets and the head, each rubber is now number 1-4 so that they match the inlets.

I've also polished the heads and reseated the valves and the head is now back on the engine.

I await the return of the frame from the powdercoaters before a rebuild,and tests.

i was wondering if any one else has done this fettling.

Eric says he has done and posted it here on GSR multiple times. Good eye, most people miss that.
    :cool:GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Yes I did that with mine. The Kawasaki 1000 ones are slightly more pronounced step if you use them on the GS 1000
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
      X