GSX750 carb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX750 carb problem

I finally got my carbs to work,took the bike for an MOT test. On the way it again started to misfire.
    Restripped the carbs and I had sticky goo in the float bowls.I think this came from the tank as I had just cleaned it out,some sealant I expect.
    Now for the problem.After cleaning and refitting the carbs the only way I can get No3 cylinder to run is to screw in fully the pilot screw
    Carbs stripped down again but can't see any problem,nothing missing,just maybe the pilot jet wasn't 100% fully seated. Any ideas and thanks for looking.

Let's make sure here... The pilot jet lurks inside fuel bowl (and it's fully seated) covered by rubber plug. The idle/air mixture screw is on carb throat exit side and could be 2 to 4 turns off fully seated spot. #1 carb is the one under clutch hand lever.
    If your tank is still passing goop to carbs, you might want to use an inline filter for a while.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks for replying Tom.I confirm everything you say.I should have said that the pilot jet might not have been fully tightened.I'm using a remote petrol tank and have made float bowl level tubes along with a jig to set the float hight and a tool to hold the throttle open to ease the cable fitment.,I've had the carbs off that many times without true success.New air box rubbers also fitted. I was hoping to find the jet or rubber bung missing and make this an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
      X