No announcement yet.

Bogging in mid range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't do it until I got the pipe. To much time and effort wasted to want to do it all twice.. Just slap the bigger main jets in it for now and go get the pipe.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I will be a few months before I get the pipe but I may take your advice on just doing the mains. That is where I am starting anyway so if it runs okay that may do for now.

I am currently getting it ready to paint as well as doing what I can to lighten it up. I am also throwing around the idea of smaller seat.

Thanks again,

2Stroke

Comment

Hey Kent,

I changed the main jets and the flat spot is gone. I took my first attempt at mixture and sync but will be doing it again because I think they both could be adjusted better.

I think I can still get a little more pep out of it on acceleration but it is doing a lot better.

Thanks again for your help.

2Stroke
        Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2016, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I got the bike on the highway today and it is bogging when approaching top speeds.

Right now I have 140s on the outside cylinders and 145s on the middle ones.

Should I get the next step up?

Thanks,

2Stroke

Comment

What is the largest jet sizes you have used on GS750? Should I go to the 150s in the middle?

Thanks,

2Stroke

Comment

With a stock 750 motor I don't see you getting much bigger than a Mikuni 130

That would be the main I'd run first and get some 127.5 125 since they may be a little fat.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
              X