carb replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb replacement

well guys heres the deal. I have a 82 gs750 when I opened the carbs to clean them found that three of the four carbs had broken post with a rough repair job. I have found a 80 gs 850 with the bs32 carbs. to use the bodies. . the bike has a nice homeade collector box with a pod filter on it and the exhaust has been cut just before the mufflers.

My question is do I need to change out the needle jet and the jet needle. according to the specs thread the have different jet and needle.

Yes you are going to have to change the jetting but first you will have to sort out what mufflers you will be using.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

no mufflers, using for a starter drag bike. relized the main and pilot jet would need to be rejetted question is will the 850 jet needle and needle jet be richer or leaner.

jet needle........... 5D57-3 (the -3 3rd notch)
      needle jet .......... X - 6

750ez- mine
      jet needle?????.. 5C28
      Needle Jet?????? Y-4

Comment

heres the bike
        12833298_561773104000700_1848964213_n.jpg

Comment

Personally I doubt you'll ever get that up to it's full potential with those CV carbs. Smooth bores would be my suggestion. Then dyno tune the jetting. Oh.. the guys you'll be racing will say their Honda is a 750 but really have the 836 kit with cams, balanced crank and matched piston/rods.....Just sayin'

But have fun and be safe on the track. You will have memories of racing for the rest of your life... and the older you get the lower the ET....LOL At least that's the way I remember it.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-15-2016, 02:34 AM.

Comment

thanks for the reply jdvorchak. I really don't expect it to be real fast. like I said it's starter drag bike so i can get used to the way everything works at the track. i'm on a real tight budget looking at less then a grand in it right now. bike and all parts. that being said smooth bores arn't in the budget. probable gonna be real dissappointed when i do get this on the track supposed to run a buddies kz 1105 in about 2 weeks.

no worries about the honda guys not alot of bike racers at our track. most of them crotchrockets

Comment

Two different classes... Get him to spot you for staggered start! Practice the launch... practice practice practice... You'll forget all of that on the first run... everyone does....LOL But about the 3rd run it will click and you'll smoke him off the line.

No matter what happens or how it goes ...Just have fun!... and remember the winner buys the meals...
              Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

sorry my bike not gonna be ready for the opening. so I'm gonna drive his.

Comment

Working...
                X