Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie with some problems and questions. (Bike related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fuse box, there is a 15A fuse in the picture in post #7 inside that white plastic thing with the red wire going to the starter solenoid. If that is out then none of your lights should work so definitely replace the fuse before trying anything drastic!
    1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
    1977 GS550
    1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! As you can probably tell Im a complete noob when it comes to these bikes, even bikes in general. Only started riding last year. Ill swing by my garage tomorrow and play around with it again, I replaced the started solinoid and had no luck so hopefully that fuse hiding from me is the answer! Much appreciated guys.

Comment

The fuse in question appears to be fine.... Im at a loss with this thing... I cant find a factory service manual for this bike online either. Anyone have links to a service manual or wiring diagram? thanks!

Comment

I am curious about your initial comment about a small metal ring that you supposed was there to restrict flow in a jet. There is no small metal ring in any jet that is there to restrict flow. Suggest you consult a parts diagram and see if you can spot the part you refer to in the initial post. Having small metal pieces loose inside the carburetor will likely not be a good thing.

Also, there appears to be some question as to what bike you have so it is hard to recommend a service manual. I am not sure your VIN would help but it is located on your steering neck. It is on a plate that is sometimes hard to read but it is also stamped into the frame neck. If don't don't feel comfortable putting your VIN on this board, then let us know what the VIN is with the last three numbers shows X.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-15-2016, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X