intake boots up /down /left /right ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake boots up /down /left /right ???

I found the intakes are labeled "L and R" , but which way is up?

I guess I'll test fit and learn by experience
    1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
    1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
    1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
    Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

If your boots are the same as my 80 850G the small allen head bolt (sync port) should face down and to the outside of the bike.

Comment

on the 1000 the sync ports are in the head, not the boots.
      But... in 1/2 the time it took me to type the question, I went outside and realized the "fat" side is on the bottom, or else the carbs point down.
      1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
      1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!

Comment

Originally posted by exdirtbiker View Post
        on the 1000 the sync ports are in the head, not the boots.
        But... in 1/2 the time it took me to type the question, I went outside and realized the "fat" side is on the bottom, or else the carbs point down.
        Your sig says you have a 1000G. That should have the sync ports on the carb boots. Unless somebody has been doing some head-swapping.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

This is why I laugh so hard when I see my "title is "Forum Mentor" ...

Hmmmm...
          IMG_1495.jpg

So this is the "new" head, the one I took off looks identical, just not nearly as pretty. So what head do I have ???
          The bike came with "1085 kit ( he lied, stock bores and pistons ) "ported and polished head" ( head ported so much it's almost scrap, did have a crude polish)
          Web cams, RS36 ( with no accel pump ) no name pods, and a stupid-loud Kerker.
          Head problems fully detailed in other posts.
          Gotta love ebay...
          Last edited by exdirtbiker; 03-28-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

OK, here's the older oneIMG_1494.jpg

Comment

upon further review... I believe you may be mistaken.
              The stock spare motor in the garage also has ports in head.
              I checked Partsfish.
              It's #16 in the 'fiche. and the intakes do not have port on them in 'fiche.

Comment

I just went out to look at mine to see if I'd gone insane. Yep. I happen to have both my 850GL and 1000G in the garage this winter, and they are different. The 850 has them on the boot, the 1000 has them on the head. Huh. Sorry about that. Your heads look just like my 1000G head.

It's a good thing you figured out for yourself which way the boots go on.
                Dogma
                --
                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                '80 GS850 GLT
                '80 GS1000 GT
                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
                X