1982 GS750t fuel and vent lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS750t fuel and vent lines

I have an 82 GS750t that has four lines the two on the outside I know are vent lines and the inside two connections to the peacock now I have what I can only assume is the vent tap for the tank connected to one of the vent lines and have one line that looks like it doesn't connect to anything or an I missing a connector because everywhere I look it says to route on the framebut that seems wrong so what exactly am I supposed to connect the vent lines to

Go to bike cliffs site. It has a section called "where do these hoses go?".

Comment

That page is your friend.

Comment

Thanks guys that was a real help

Comment

Originally posted by Jschmidt View Post
          I have an 82 GS750t that has four lines the two on the outside I know are vent lines and the inside two connections to the peacock now I have what I can only assume is the vent tap for the tank connected to one of the vent lines and have one line that looks like it doesn't connect to anything or an I missing a connector because everywhere I look it says to route on the framebut that seems wrong so what exactly am I supposed to connect the vent lines to
          The vent lines coming off the carbs go up under the seat where there is dead air. They usually follow the frame to a spot under the seat on either side. Their basic function is to equalize the air pressure in the fuel bowls allowing fuel into the bowls. The ends of the vent lines are left open under the seat area. The main fuel line that comes out from the middle of the carb gang goes to the petcock and the smaller line that comes off #2 carb to the vacuum nipple on the petcock.

The rubber line that comes off the tank is a not a vent line, it is an overflow line in case the seal around the fuel gauge sending unit springs a leak, It is routed down to dump on the ground, It should hang about 3-4 inches under the bike and keep it away from the exhaust.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
          X