Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750T 1983 Exhaust replacement

Hi

I'm a newbie in mechanic. I have this beautiful machine that I bought almost for nothing. I thought I was smelling gas when I was riding but in fact I realize that It's exhaust gas ! Watch those hole in the exhaust system!

First I'd like to know a little bit about the exhaust system. I realized that it's two parts. The mufflers and the exhaust pipe. Am I right?

I'm kind on a budget and I'd like to find the cheapest replacement part. I checked on Z1 and under GS750T there are no replacement part.

First as you can see, there is a crack in the right muffler, is it fixable?

And there are giants holes in the pipes under the bike. I'm sure that this is not fixable.

So what would you do in this case?

Can you direct me on the cheapest replacement part?

Thanks for your advices !

(Sorry english is not my mother language!)

SImon
    Attached Files

Second picture

IMG_0082.jpgThis is the second hole on the exhaust system!

Comment

eBay used deal

Oups, I tried the compatibility test on the ebay page and it says that it won't fit a 1983 GS 750T...

Is this can work? Even if it's from a gs750E?

Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Vance and Hines pipes are used on Ts often. Can you see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MB0iIfbFtQ

I suspect looking up a pipe for an "E" would get you there - note more information on the 750 16v shop manual here http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
        BTW my shop manual is there also.

As a side I'm looking forward to vacation to your fair city with the ladies of my house.
        Hondas
        '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
        Suzuki
        '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
        Kaw
        '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Or maybe the Delkevic stainless one. For an "E" but it should work.
          Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Vance & Hines does make a pipe for the T, MrEd put one on his T and fit nicely. sounds good too. Though the Delkevic SS pipe looks nice too and seems to be about $100 cheaper then the VH which the last time I looked was hovering around $475. The VH is chrome compared to the SS Belkevic pipe, IMO I would go with the SS. Been looking for a new replacement for my RC pipe.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Hi Folks

The best so far I have found is this:

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Suzuki GS 750/1100/1150 MAC 4-Into-1 Black Canister Exhaust System at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

What the pro and cons about the 4-1?

I ask the vendor and it is a direct replacement.

I guess I have to buy new gasket?

How long and tough is a job like this?

Would you go for this?

Is this very important?
              • NOTE: Carburetor re-jetting may be desired for best performance

Yasser I you come tell me, if I'm free I'll show you around!
              simon.dolan !at! me.com

Thanks
              Simon

Comment

Originally posted by simondolanbass View Post
                Hi Folks

The best so far I have found is this:

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Suzuki GS 750/1100/1150 MAC 4-Into-1 Black Canister Exhaust System at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

What the pro and cons about the 4-1?

I ask the vendor and it is a direct replacement.

I guess I have to buy new gasket?

How long and tough is a job like this?

Would you go for this?

Is this very important?
                • NOTE: Carburetor re-jetting may be desired for best performance

Yasser I you come tell me, if I'm free I'll show you around!
                simon.dolan !at! me.com

Thanks
                Simon
                I would stay away from the Mac pipes IMO, they aren't that well made, cheaper yeah though that's about it.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

T-Crazy

Originally posted by simondolanbass View Post
                  Hi

I'm a newbie in mechanic. I have this beautiful machine that I bought almost for nothing. I thought I was smelling gas when I was riding but in fact I realize that It's exhaust gas ! Watch those hole in the exhaust system!

First I'd like to know a little bit about the exhaust system. I realized that it's two parts. The mufflers and the exhaust pipe. Am I right?

I'm kind on a budget and I'd like to find the cheapest replacement part. I checked on Z1 and under GS750T there are no replacement part.

First as you can see, there is a crack in the right muffler, is it fixable?

And there are giants holes in the pipes under the bike. I'm sure that this is not fixable.

So what would you do in this case?

Can you direct me on the cheapest replacement part?

Thanks for your advices !

(Sorry english is not my mother language!)

SImon
                  Welcome. Sorry but there is no cheap method for replacing pipes that I considered. Of course, I was on the road and making decent money to afford my V/H 4-1 exhaust:

Also...here is the "T" thread that I must mention to you so you can post a pic of your ride:

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                  Vance & Hines does make a pipe for the T, MrEd put one on his T and fit nicely. sounds good too. Though the Delkevic SS pipe looks nice too and seems to be about $100 cheaper then the VH which the last time I looked was hovering around $475. The VH is chrome compared to the SS Belkevic pipe, IMO I would go with the SS. Been looking for a new replacement for my RC pipe.
                  I see you are active today MrBill...thanks for the mention.

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                  X