Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh Oh - lost an air jet while cleaning carbs - Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh Oh - lost an air jet while cleaning carbs - Help !

I was going thru the cleaning process with my carbs from a 1982 GS850GL. Some how I lost one of my air jets. I have scoured the garage floor, double checked inside the can of Berryman dip, checked my parts baggies for each carb I was using and I just can't find it. When I searched some of the places that sells jets online it seems the BS32SS carbs air jet is obsolete. The other 3 carbs have 170 size air jets.

I have asked Steve if he has any but if not I was wondering if anyone out there has one of these they can part with.

You would think if I was going to loss something it would have been one of those small springs or washers, these carbs have so many small parts.

air jet.jpgSorry they were 175 size jets.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Did you mean 17.5?

Comment

http://www.pjmotorsports.com/mikuni-...ilot/slow jets Here is a link to a site that if offering air jets ( you will have to scroll down to find air jets)
        But those are apparently for the B42/55 carbs and not the BS32SS, unless they will fit the BS32SS carbs too ?? Does anyone know.

No Sir - they are 175
        Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks I followed those links, and they are describing that as a main jet. That's a bit confusing because there is a main jet as well as the air jet.

Comment

Originally posted by BillH View Post
            Thanks I followed those links, and they are describing that as a main jet. That's a bit confusing because there is a main jet as well as the air jet.
            You are right....you need the air jet...
            They look so similar!!!

Comment

Working...
            X