exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust question

I have a 79 gs850 I am trying to find a tri y exhaust system for it I found one for a 81 gs750e would that be compatible with my bike and if not would anyone have any leads to where I may locate one? Second question if I do aquire one and run with the OEM air box with a direct fit k&n air filter what do you recommend that I jet my carbs at? Any help or advice would be great.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2016, 07:33 AM.

Most headers don't flow a whole lot more than the stock system, since the stock system is surprisingly decent. How much more air they can flow will depend on the size (and restriction) of the baffle. Basically, the louder the pipe, the larger the jets needed.

The airbox has a greater effect on airflow, so as long as you keep it in place, you shouldn't have to go too far with the jets. Your stock jets are 102.5, so I would guess you might need something in the 110-115 range. And raise the needle, too.

Comment

Thank you for the help I've been trying to find the information in the threads before I posted nothing was item specific. I am also wondering if the exhaust from the 81- 750e will work for my ride?

Comment

Working...
      X