81 450t not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 450t not starting

Hello i had my bike running about a year or so ago never rode it tho had some more work to do to it. Now it just eont yurn over at all if i spray some either in it itll reve up n jist die right out. After doing the starter and realy changed yhe gas atill haf nothing opened up the botom of one of the carba a good amount of tarnish and the needles lookes pretty cloged. You think this would keep the bike from startinh at all?

also neithwr of the bikes i bought came with the mufler so i had bought some tips from dime city choppers. Would i have to change the jet and needles because of that? Im curently trying to get the needle jet out to clean and see the size of it. Also theres another brss peice near the needle jet looks the same but alot thiner does that come oit to and if anybodys got ideas to get them out that would be cool seems like alota people break them from what i read so far. Thanks for the help beem awhile since ive been on here but its wherr ive learned everything i know about motorcycles

"....opened up the botom of one of the carba a good amount of tarnish and the needles lookes pretty cloged. You think this would keep the bike from startinh at all?"

yes- the "choke " circuit (actually an enricher) is likely clogged making it real hard to cold start. Exhaust system mods won't interfere with starting.
    You need to clean the carbs properly like this link where ....

Your spell checker software is running wild, if you are using one!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks ended up breaking one of the Needle jets taking them out. Think sering i have to buy nee ones im just gonna put the pod filters back on n jet the bike. The guy who had the bike before me cut off all the mounts for the airbox and elecyrical area and moved the starter realy and stuff so the electrical gets in the way of the air box and the box just kinda sits on the batery. Why do stupid people have to mess with a good thing So if anyone knows a link for somwhere that has some good info on jetting and trubleshoting wether you have the right jets that be cool

Comment

Working...
      X