butterfly servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well done you.

Now when you put the new ones in make sure they go in the correct way. Did you see them whilst they were in there? The 2 sharp edges should be pointing away from the carb bodies. Put a little clear grease around them when you put them in.

I'm not so sure about gas tanks. I sent mine to a professional who opened it up (by cutting a hole in it) and cleaned it that way.

See my blog posting: Fuel Tank Returned

Richard
    sigpic
    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Wow! Isn't that a bit drastic an approach. So far I've only read of carb cleaning, but my guess is the whole fuel line needs attention. And carb cleaner fluid does dissolve residuals like gum etc. So I presume a good soaking with a strong mixture of petrol + carb cleaner fluid and plenty of shaking should do the trick. Have to be careful not to get any of the stuff on the oaintwork though. Anyone here have any experience on this?

Comment

Working...
      X