Will 1100 pipes fit a 1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 1100 pipes fit a 1000?

Will the pipes that fit a GS1100E fit on my 1980 GS1000GL? Here are the ones I am interested in:

Someone took some initiative and punch out the baffles on my otherwise nice looking stock exhaust and the noise is annoying.

Yes but you'll need to fab up a new rear bracket. Usually a simple flat metal strip with two holes and a couple 90 degree bends works fine. Personally I'd stay clear of the MAC exhausts. Vance & Hines or Delkevic are much better built.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Kind of wanted a 4 into 2 to retain the original look. I have owned MAC exhausts before and know where you are coming from. I had a 4 into 2 black ceramic coated (that was the finish and not chrome or painted) and I had to use all my strength to bend the head pipes to where they would fit. In addition, the holes for the engine studs were too darn small even though the pipes were made for the bike I fitted them to. I wanted a 4 into 2 and the black and they were no longer making them but I found one on eBay that had been sitting in a warehouse.

Comment

Working...
      X