GSX550ES Carb help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX550ES Carb help required

Well after a long time of not posting i thought i better start again after a massive struggle with the carbs.

the problem i have is that after striping the carbs off the bike and pulling them apart i have put the various parts through my ultrasonic cleaner but i can get the jets out or some of the other screws plus the throttle/return springs that open and close one is stuck fast and won't budge.

does anyone know if there is anyone who has experience of rebuilding these Siamese carbs or offers a rebuilding service here in the uk in the south west ?

as i don't want to waste anymore time with these if they can't be fixed due to the large amount of parts i already have to start the build,

choices if see that i have;

1)fix carbs and run the engine as standard as the day it left the factory.(which was idea)

2)change the engine and carbs for a gs/gsx 750. (will the frame take the extra power without to much fabrication?.)

3)get a different head to run a bank of 4 carbs.(wouldn't know where to start with this one.)

4)sell the bike for bits and all the gsx600f front and rear end that i have got together and buy something else altogether.?

anyone that can advise it would be very much appreciated as i'm really struggling to even find spare parts for these dame things
Working...
X