Help! Need Carb specs for '79 GS500E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Need Carb specs for '79 GS500E

Hi! I recently bought a '79 GS500E, and I'm stripping it down to rebuild it. Problem is I can't find a manual that cover the 500 model. I've got a Haynes manual for the 550 and 750 series, and for the most part it seems they're more or less the same engines (the 500 & 550, that is). But, of course, with different displacement. My guess is the carbs are different as well. So... Does anyone know what type of carbs I have? They're stock Mikunis, on a '79 GS500E, originally bought in Sweden. Or maybe someone can tell me how to identify them? (I've looked for any type of identifying inscriptions/markings on the carbs, but can't say I've found anything. Not on the jets either.) Please help!

Can you post a picture of these carbs?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I looked through my pictures, and found this... It's not very good, and I'll get a better one tonight, but I uploaded this for now.
      Attached Files

Comment

VM carbs: over here, last used on 1979 models ,like a gs550. Look at this chart - your 500 shouldbe real close jet wise

for description of carb terms, look at this link...

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanx a lot I've actually printed out the specs sheet before, I simply forgot about it

Comment

Working...
          X