choke fuel pickup tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choke fuel pickup tube

I finally am getting around to finishing up a carb overhaul and replacing one carb because of a broken air screw in one of them. I have the replacement and it looks good , the only thing is that is has a difference in the choke circuit fuel pickup tube. The originals are all open on the end in the fule bowl and this one has a plug with a very small hole. It looks just like the one on page 60 in the carb cleaning series. My question is if I have to take that out so it matches the rest or if it makes any difference at all or I can just leave it as is?
    Thanks

What year, bike, and carbs?
    Having that listed in your signature might be a help in answering your question.
    Heck, even throw in your location just for grins.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      What year, bike, and carbs?
      Having that listed in your signature might be a help in answering your question.
      Heck, even throw in your location just for grins.
      It's a 1982 GS 850 GL
      I will try to add that to my signature
      I live in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Comment

It's not all that critical, only in use while the choke is in use, if the different cylinders have slightly different mixtures at that time it will still start up and warm up just fine. I think they all had the plugged end with the hole in the plug originally, but sometimes the plugs fall out. Not sure about that part.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I've seen them with and without the plug. Doesn't seem to effect operation. The tube is just a feed line into the start enrichment circuit. I'd just run with it.
          http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
          1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
            I've seen them with and without the plug. Doesn't seem to effect operation. The tube is just a feed line into the start enrichment circuit. I'd just run with it.
            Thanks Guys
            I think I will go with that.
            Stickid

Comment

Working...
            X