X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450L carb issues...

Ok so apparently my petcock is fine...
    However my carbs are not...
    I've removed and cleaned the carbs 7x replaced the needle and seat gaskets etc...
    however when I reinstall the carbs prime the carbs and start her up she revs at 4-5k and I can't bring her down to a reasonable idle... I checked the boots for vacuum leaks with a can of carb cleaner and had no changes...
    i bought the bike (apparently got ripped off) from a guy who rigged everything... So each time I fix something it opens a can of what the dude did or didn't do...
    I have many photos and videos to help diagnose... (I will attach to thread)
    Attached Files

image.jpg
    All jets are clear & float height is 22mm
    the previous owner did sigma 6 stage 3 jet kit... (or so he said)
    I've read so many forums my eyes are crossed... a friend said its idling so high because it running of the main jets and not the pilot jets?!?
    (also how do I unload videos???... they are very helpful for diagnosis...)
    Last edited by Guest; 06-06-2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

image.jpg
      So im experiencing gas leaking through this air jet vent on one carb, the plug on this side is black and the other is white...
      My last attempt it to readjust the float level...(again) making sure it's set at 20mm as per 6sigma float instructions http://www.6sigmajetkit.com/installation.html
      if this isn't the problem I'm raising the white flag and bringing her to the shop... $120hr (but they say a lot can be done in an hr)
      Any other options before I have to pay out my butt for help???

Comment

1. Is the bike stock, do you have pods/different exhaust?
        2. Since you can see there is gas coming out of that hole, are you running it with no filters?
        3. Did you verify that there is a sigma 6 kit in?
        4. How did you clean your carbs and did you replace all the O-rings (including ones from rubber flange to cylinder head)?
        1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
        1977 GS550
        1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

try putting a new float valve in the leaking carb and make sure that your throttle cable has enough slack to allow the idle adjustement to work

Comment

Thx but I figured it out!!! The float height was way off... I was lost till I read this one!!!

pretty much think I'm good to go now!!!

Comment

Working...
            X