Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a loose 77-79 GS750 gas tank, willing to help with a quick measurement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a loose 77-79 GS750 gas tank, willing to help with a quick measurement?

HI-- New to the GS world, need some help in working on a custom bike. If anyone has a loose GS750 gas tank from 77-79 I would greatly appreciate a couple of super quick measurements. Don't have to be super precise, just close to see if that tank will work on my project. Its going to be a mongrel of sorts with parts from several manufacturers and bikes to get the look I am wanting.

1- I am looking to see the width between the two mounting cups at the bottom front of the tank

2- I am looking to see how far the distance is between the cups and the rear mounting bracket.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out on this one

Akolleth

Hi, just got my tank off to sync carbs. Distance between cups is 3 inch and from rear mount to centre of cups is 22 inch. Hope this helps. 77 GS750.
    Last edited by uk gs nut; 06-11-2016, 12:20 PM.
    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Thanks so much, that is perfect!

Comment

Working...
      X