need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help!!!

I've gone through bikecliffs website and I'm looking for an easier way to set the floats on my bs32 carbs or some advice on setting them. Also if anyone is near the Rochester,MN area that has a carb synchronizer that I could use I would be most grateful.

Originally posted by gsnewbie68 View Post
    I've gone through bikecliffs website and I'm looking for an easier way to set the floats on my bs32 carbs or some advice on setting them.
    as far as I am aware there are two ways to set them
    Check and adjust with the carbs off the bike using a vernier caliper or using the method whereby you have a clear tube that connects to the drains in the float bowls so you can see where the levels are.
    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
    past bikes. RF900
    TL1000s
    Hayabusa
    gsx 750f x2
    197cc Francis Barnett
    various British nails

Comment

Ty I have a buddy who has a set of calipers

Comment

As I understand, setting the float height "dry" with calipers brings them close to correct, but then you use the clear tube to determine whether the fuel height in the bowl is correct with the bike running on the center stand. The important metric is the fuel height, not the float height.
        1979 GS1000
        K&N Pods
        Kerker 4-1
        112/17.5

Comment

Ok I was just looking at that on bikecilffs site and in my Clymer I'm looking forward to finishing them tomorrow they look like new but no worries I am being very thorough on making them very clean especially the passages.

Comment

I'm still hoping someone in se Minnesota around Rochester area might have a sync gauge to finish the project

Comment

Personally I have never had a problem using the vernier caliper method.
              The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
              1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
              past bikes. RF900
              TL1000s
              Hayabusa
              gsx 750f x2
              197cc Francis Barnett
              various British nails

Comment

I used the vernier calipers to set them wife has me grocery shopping now so when I get back I'm going to bench sync them and check fuel level before I reinstall them on HER bike lol wish I had a sync tool. Can't purchase one till next weekend

Comment

Working...
                X