Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 850L CV carb tuning

Hey guys,
    I having a heck of a time getting the carbs tuned right on my 850. I have sync'ed with vacuum gauges (video included). That's all I have to sync them with. I started with the mixture screws 3 turns out. For fastest idle I'm having to turn them out more on every cylinder. Three at 3 1/2 and one is like almost 4. I know this is out of expected adjustment range. So I don't know what's going on there. So with that said I have some initial bogging on throttle increases but it idles well and returns to idle without hesitation or dropping below. It runs strong to redline. I definitely have it in the ballpark but the final tuning just isn't what it should be.

I guess one question is why am I having to turn my mixture screws so far out. What could the initial bogging condition be caused by.

Little history
    1. adjusted valves to specs 2. cleaned and dipped carbs 3. new idle jets 4. the original air jets were 175 but I lost one during the cleaning process so I replaced them all with 180 since I could get those. I could not find any 175. 5. new o rings 6. new float bowl oem gaskets and drain plug o rings 7. new intake and airbox boots and clamps 8. new petcock 9. weatherstripped airbox and metal air filter bracket with new air filter
    10. I started with new plugs when I started tuning the carbs. 11. compression readings were good on all cylinders 12. float levels were checked in spec upon carb reassembly.
Working...
X