Airbox to Carb Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox to Carb Boots

I purchased a 1979 GS550 about a month ago and have been going through the suggested solutions to common issues written by Mr. bwringer on the GS Greeting page. Just replaced the stator last week, took plenty of pictures if anyone is interested (very similar to those on BassCliff's guide, many thanks for that invaluable resource by the way), and coming up next on the agenda is going to be replacing the intake boots, o-rings, airbox sealing, air filter sealing, & replacing the airbox to carb boots. Unfortunately, the airbox to carb boots are not available for the 79 GS550. I've researched and found that other people have run into this problem in the past, but haven't yet found a solution which I am fully satisfied with. A coworker of mine suggested the website www.siliconeintakes.com, & I'm wondering if anyone has tried anything similar. I'm not going to start doing this work until I have all of the parts on hand. I suppose I'm putting this out there for some feedback on whether or not anyone who has replaced the airbox to carb boots would recommend substituting stock with these custom silicone parts. Also, any suggestions on proper hose angles would be much appreciated, as I'm unfamiliar with the inside of the '79 GS550 airbox. Thanks for sticking it through to the end of this lengthy post,

Max
Working...
X