4 into 1 for a gs850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 into 1 for a gs850

So I have a guy interested in the stock exhaust off my parts bike. He currently has a 4 into 1 and wants to go back to OEM. Its a gs850 as is mine, but he doesn't think the exhaust he has is the right one. He thought it might be for a gs650. Is that even possible? Would it fit? I ask because I am considering g a trade if it will fit my gs850g. I know I will have to do so me rejetting but I am planning a carb teardown and cleaning this fall anyway.

I would have to measure the length of the downpipes to be sure, but I think the 650 pipes might be a little too short to fit on the 850.

I happen to have one of each handy here, I can get measurements for you tomorrow.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Cool, that'd be great. I thought of something else, are the 750 and 850 pipes the same? It's the same engine with a different bore if memory serves me correct so I'm sure it would bolt up, just not sure if the design would be the same for both engine sizes.

Comment

Working...
      X