No announcement yet.

bs34ss carb issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really frustrating me right now just tried to run through the gears on center stand still same issue now dies just hitting the throttle

Comment

What are you using on the intake side of the carbs? Stock airbox? Pods? Nothing?

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Stock airbox but I finally found the culprit coil for 1&4 bad pipes cold ran direct power from battery to said coil no effect has 9.8 bolts from stock wiring electronic ignition system grounds good.

Comment

Are you sure all 4 cylinders are running at idle? You can check it by squirting water on the headers or a non-contact thermometer. What you are describing could be that one or more of your carbs idle jets/circuits are plugged or partially clogged. Once you get the carbs open enough to hit 3k rpm you are out of the idle circuits and into the high speed (much larger jets) circuit.

Comment

Another possible problem you may have would be worn needle jets and no matter what u do if they are in fact worn u will continue to having tuning issues until they are replaced with new. My bike had the exact same symptoms with a stumble off idle and then smoothing out as rpm increases and my needle jets were worn out. I have a aem wide band o2 sensor set up on my bike with a Mac 4 into 1 exhaust which has been extremely helpful with tuning in my bike.

Comment

Working...
            X