1977-1980 GS750 MAC Mufflers 003-0311

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977-1980 GS750 MAC Mufflers 003-0311

Just so anyone who is interested in these slip-on's is aware, they will require some modification to your side kick stand, center stand, and exhaust mid-pipe clamps. I have seen them advertised as a aftermarket equivalent to the stock mufflers but they are not. They sound great, but are more free flowing and will require you to re-jet. The stops/pads that are in place on the stock right muffler assembly for your kick stands are not present on these, they will also stick out further than stock so the nipple on your side stand will need to be extended.

I purchased these and decided to put them on after work one day and almost ran into some trouble (the bike being my ride to work and shop night only lasting until 7pm). Count on some time to get creative in re-positioning/extending nipple on side stand and re-positioning the stop for the center stand. If anyone is interested in what it took for my 1978 GS750, I can post pictures later.

Do those bolt onto the down pipes, or do you have to cut the stock exhaust somewhere to bolt them on? I would like to see pics if you have some.
    Regards,
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    X