Choke Perch and Lever for 82 1100E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke Perch and Lever for 82 1100E?

My 1100E came to me with no choke cable, perch or lever. I just pull the choke rod manually but I would like to get it back to the stock set up. Partzilla doesn't show the perch or lever, just the choke cable. Before I call my local stealer, is the perch and lever still available or am I shopping for used bits on fleabay? Can someone post a pic of their 1100E showing the left handlebar with the OEM perch and lever in place? My service manual only shows the routing of the choke cable with no details on the bar end of things.

Thanks,
    Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

The new parts are still available. I have purchased a few handlebar setups in the past few years.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

These look like the clutch parts? I have those and there is no choke lever perch incorporated into the clutch lever pivot/mount.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          The new parts are still available. I have purchased a few handlebar setups in the past few years.
          I will have to call the stealer and see what they want for it, thanks.

Mark
          Last edited by mmattockx; 07-06-2016, 05:52 PM.
          1982 GS1100E
          1998 ZX-6R
          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

This may help, but bear in mind this is for a UK model. One of the big US dealers should have a similar fiche.

1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by steveb922 View Post
              This may help, but bear in mind this is for a UK model. One of the big US dealers should have a similar fiche.

http://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gsx1100-...7.html#results
              Thanks, Steve. I wasn't paying close enough attention on the Partzilla fiche. It also has those parts and they are listed if I actually had looked properly. It appears the reason I don't have the bar mounted choke is that I don't have the original LH switch. The one on my bike has no boss on the bottom for mounting the choke lever assembly. Unless I am misreading the fiche and it doesn't screw into the bottom of the switch housing. Can someone confirm that the choke lever assembly does screw into the underside of the switch body? My switch is marked on the underside of the switch body with:

SUZUKI
              374-6
              TOKAIRIKA

Anybody have any idea what I have here?

Mark
              1982 GS1100E
              1998 ZX-6R
              2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

You can buy the correct left handebar switch assembly with the choke actuator for $121.61 from Partzilla. Obviously the choke actuator (aka body, starter lever) screwed into the bottom of the handlebar switch as there is a screw shown at the bottom of the assembly. If you feel lucky, you can get a used left handlebar switch with the clutch cable actuator already in place:

Comment

Working...
                X