Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    So much wrong advice.

Are they CV carbs, VM carbs, or something else?

I wouldn't normally bite at something like this - but...yes, if you haven't done it, don't respond.

Setting up VM's for roadracing with modified motors is not like setting them up for street use. You want them very slightly rich all the way to top end for best response. With pods and an open pipe the suggestions I've made I know will work - because I've used the exact same setup on VM26's before.
    Also the old 2 valvers are not sensitive to total spark advance - within a range of 4 - 5 degrees anyway. I've used the advance curve to smooth out carburation glitches which were not solvable any other way due to no alternative needles being available.

Feel free to disagree - but please post pics and a history to support your view...
    Last edited by GregT; 07-22-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
      I wouldn't normally bite at something like this - but...yes, if you haven't done it, don't respond.
      Sorry I didn't specify, your posts are right on. Crap about mixture screws and other CV carb concepts are what got me going.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I was posting from the street perspective, so, sorry about that.
        '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Put in 20 pilotjet. Adjusted airscrews with Colortune each carburator separate.
          It runs great now . Revs up from 1100 to 11000 without bogs or splutter with a nice blue spark.

Final settings are: Uni pods, 4-1 open exhaust, 20 pilotjet ,117.5 main jet, needle clip on lowest notch, fuel screw 1.5 turns out air screw around between 1.5 and 2 turns .

Thank you all very much for the advice.

Great site
          Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2016, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X