gs 1000 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 1000 carbs

Looking for info on the mikuni carbs on this gs1000. Looking into ordering a carb kit and not really sure what all i need. Im not sure what year it is as its not in the original bike. I believe it to be a 79........thanks
    IMG_20160721_193133679.jpg

I have everything to rebuild those.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      I have everything to rebuild those.
      Pm sent...........

Comment

Is this a decent set of sync guages for the money? Anyone have experience with them
        s-l400.jpg

Comment

The Morgan Carbtune is the preferred carb guage.
          Carbtune motorcycle carburetor synchronizers;polycarbonate tool pouchs;for motorcyclists
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I have a set of those gauges pictured. they work fine, only problem is the pipes are not very good. I replaced mine with silicone pipe and they are more flexible.
            My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Ordered a carbtune...thanks guys

Comment

What were the factory size main jets for the vm26 carbs? Mine appear to be 112.5.
                Say i wanted to run some k&n pods, would a bigger jet and needle height change be necessary? The clip on the needles are in the middle slot.

Comment

Originally posted by ccriley6 View Post
                  What were the factory size main jets for the vm26 carbs? Mine appear to be 112.5.
                  Say i wanted to run some k&n pods, would a bigger jet and needle height change be necessary? The clip on the needles are in the middle slot.
                  Bump............

Comment

standard mains are 95. if you want to run pods and you have a 4 into 1 exhaust then go for a Dynojet stage 3 kit.
                    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I assume this is what yall refer to as a 4 to 1 pipe
                      IMG_20160821_125826706.jpg

Comment

Oh my god it's so awesome

Comment

Originally posted by DohcBikes View Post
                          Oh my god it's so awesome
                          Thanks.....its not the fanciest but works. Its the "poor boy" version....lol
                          Most all the others i run with are running newer fuel injected gixxers and busa's.
                          I currently have all the sheet metal off and am in the process of setting valves and adj carbs. I just got the carbs cleaned and put back on.

Comment

The mains ranged from 97.5 to 105. See the chart below.
                            GS750 carb specs.jpg
                            Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
                            2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                            1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Got the carbs cleaned and put back together, i now have some popping at slight throttle....around 2-3k rpm on up. Where to start......

Comment

Working...
                              X