1981 Suzuki gs750e needle jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 Suzuki gs750e needle jets

I have tracked down and purchased 3 nos needle jets for my gs750e. I am in hopes somebody on here can help me find a fourth one. It is a Y-4 needle jet I need. Mine on my bike are worn out and are in definite need of replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated

The main jet holder tube (incorporates a needle jet function) is SIZED Y-4; the Y-4 is the code for the diameter of the hole. There is also a BADGE number that indicates the series of the needle jet (main jet holder tube) and each series has a different conformation. Once you know the badge number you can search for the part you need at various carb parts sites:

You can also use the Partizzla.com parts fiche to get the part number and then plug that number into their search and find out what other models it was used on. I did this and found you part on eBay (searched for SP400 needle jet):

Comment

Originally posted by geol View Post
      The main jet holder tube (incorporates a needle jet function) is SIZED Y-4; the Y-4 is the code for the diameter of the hole. There is also a BADGE number that indicates the series of the needle jet (main jet holder tube) and each series has a different conformation. Once you know the badge number you can search for the part you need at various carb parts sites:

You can also use the Partizzla.com parts fiche to get the part number and then plug that number into their search and find out what other models it was used on. I did this and found you part on eBay (searched for SP400 needle jet):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-GS750...9XFNbw&vxp=mtr
      Thanks for the advice I have been watching Ebay everyday and I want to find a new one because I am worried if I buy used it will be worn also. And unfortunately Suzuki discontinued the part

Comment

I have some Y-4 emulsion tubes.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          I have some Y-4 emulsion tubes.
          Are they new and if so can I buy one off you? I already acquired three on eBay a while back and need a fourth one to get my bike straightened out

Comment

Originally posted by Sgagne199 View Post
            Are they new and if so can I buy one off you? I already acquired three on eBay a while back and need a fourth one to get my bike straightened out
            It is not new but I'll clean it in an ultrasonic cleaner so it will work fine.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

[QUOTE=chef1366;2315655]It is not new but I'll clean it in an ultrasonic cleaner so it will work fine.[/QUOTE. Alright did it come off a low mile bike or something?

Comment

Emulsion tubes on these bikes do not wear and as long as they are clean they will work perfectly.

Comment

Don't waste your money on new emulsion tubes. Unless there's some serious issues with the needle jet, the emulsion tubes simply don't wear out. The can clog, but they don't get warn. Low mileage doesn't apply here. If yours are worn then pick up the one from Chef and look at the condition of your needle jets. Something is very wrong if your jets are worn out.
                  http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
                  1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                  1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                  1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Soooo
                    Do you want it?

Comment

Working...
                    X