Dynojet mainjet different head diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynojet mainjet different head diameter

I'm installing a Dynojet stage 1 kit in my '82GS1100ES. The kit, 3133.001 states is for 80-86 GS1100-1150 16 valve, so should be correct.

The outside diameter of the main jet head is different, the stock jet being slightly larger across (see pic, stock jet on left). I searched the forum and found a related post which I believe indicates that Mikuni made both wide and narrow head main jets, and either will be OK. Just wanted to verify with you folks before I install.

Post from forum search below -

Just to clarify, Mikuni did make both small and large head round main jets that will fit a BS carb. Same thread pitch, same length and the same metering. A Mikuni 120 small head main jet has the same fuel delivery as a Mikuni large head main jet. The difference is how much extra material is around the head of the jet in order to hold the emulsion tube in place. Since the BS carbs use a brass washer the "NEED" for one over the other is moot, but if you want to stay consistent then go ahead and return the jet and get the large head version.

DJ main jets are smaller than the normal Mikuni Main jet. They are also numbered differently so the numbers don't coincide with Mikuni numbering. The DJ main jet looks like the small head Mikuni main but is taller by a mm or two.

Originally posted by sailorman1617 View Post
    I'm installing a Dynojet stage 1 kit in my '82GS1100ES. The kit, 3133.001 states is for 80-86 GS1100-1150 16 valve, so should be correct.

The outside diameter of the main jet head is different, the stock jet being slightly larger across (see pic, stock jet on left). I searched the forum and found a related post which I believe indicates that Mikuni made both wide and narrow head main jets, and either will be OK. Just wanted to verify with you folks before I install.

Post from forum search below -

Just to clarify, Mikuni did make both small and large head round main jets that will fit a BS carb. Same thread pitch, same length and the same metering. A Mikuni 120 small head main jet has the same fuel delivery as a Mikuni large head main jet. The difference is how much extra material is around the head of the jet in order to hold the emulsion tube in place. Since the BS carbs use a brass washer the "NEED" for one over the other is moot, but if you want to stay consistent then go ahead and return the jet and get the large head version.

Comment

Thanks. I figured they were correct, but wanted to be sure before reassembling everything.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorman1617 View Post
        ...my '82GS1100ES...
        Typo? I thought the 1100ES was made only in '83.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Opps. GS1100EZ That capitol "S" looks a lot like a backwards "Z"

Comment

The EZ riders club! Been a proud member for almost three years now (even though my EZ is painted to look like an ED ).
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

If I could afford a Mustang and got a GT, I would be a big ol' pooh-bah. A GS1000GT not so much I guess... I was kind of let down when I found out GT didn't stand for Grand Tourisimo....

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                The EZ riders club! Been a proud member for almost three years now (even though my EZ is
                painted to look like an ED ).
                I've had mine since new in '82. Stumbled across this picture after returning from a 2 week, 2000 mile trip to Cape Breton and back. Still enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                X